Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Testimony of Hope

Can I take a moment and share something with you? This is a testimony of hope. I was praying on the way home from church tonight for something that is a great need for me personally right now. It's one of those "in the future" needs, but I'm looking ahead and can't really see how this particular void can be filled so I'm praying! I began to thank the Lord because even though I don't see the answer now I know how faithful He's been in other things. I started laughing out loud as memories of how He's worked things out start rolling in my head. I know the Lord will take care of this need and look forward to how He is going to work it out.

Acts 2:25-28 says, "I see that the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad, and my tongue shouts his praises! My body rests in hope. For you will not leave my soul among the dead or allow your Holy One to rot in the grave. You have shown me the way of life, and you will fill me with the joy of your presence."

2 comments:

Apron Pockets said...

Yes, He is right beside you/us. I love to know this fact....thank you for reminding me and sharing how sometimes it is laughable that we forget, even for a brief second, that He is everything His Word says He is.

ps--life in the kids lane takes many turns, detours and expressways. Before you know it, your blog will say: 'life in the grandkids lane'. :)

Apron Pockets said...

What a wonderful blog. He is everything His Word says He is. It is indeed laughable that we get sidetracked 'in the mind'.

Life in the kids lane has many detours, express lanes, highways and lovely scenery. Someday your blog will read, 'life in the grandkids lane'. OM!